Tuesday 28 June 2011

A Hello and some embroidery!

So a hello from me the blog world!!

After a long time of thinking about it I've decided to start blogging. I read so many wonderful blogs, which I will share with you over my posts.  If I can capture something of the enjoyment that I get from reading blogs I will be more than happy.

A little bit of embroidery...
For a good while now I've been ready Wild Olive, Mollie Johanson's blog and I absolutely love it!!  So when she announced her online embroidery class 'All in the details' I couldn't wait to join.

Here are some photo's of my efforts so far following Mollie's lovely tutorials...

I've changed the theme of a couple of the items to suit UK holidays so that I could use them to celebrate!

Let it glow lantern
I realised after stitching this that the dark fabric wasn't the best plan, so I will be stitching up some more of these to use as a lantern and will use this little guy elsewhere.

Bitty Baubles

This was a lovely way to practice using various embellishments and I'm really pleased with how it turned out. I particulary like the sequins which I'm quit surprised about because I must admit I'm always unsure of!


Just like fireworks wreath

As you can see this isn't at all firework like!! rather than the original 4th of july theme I've gone with a christmas theme and I love this little project the most so far.
I'm definitely going to be making some more of these to decorate our home this christmas



Thank you to Mollie for these projects!


Dodgy Photo's
I feel that I need to apologise for the photo quality for anyone viewing these pics. When I came to take some photo's over the weekend I discovered that my camera isn't working! Not what I wanted to discover when I'd decided to start my blog.
One of the things that I really love about blogs are photos that work with the words to make a blog what it is and for my first attempt I had to resort to my iPhone camera, which I have to say isn't the best of camera's!
My next mission is to try and discover the fault on my camera or get a new one as soon as possible.

5 comments:

  1. Your work looks great! I love how you've adapted the wreath for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fellow Classmate :) I was surprised how fun sequins were to me too! I like your Christmas wreath.

    Try getting the iPhone app Camera+ - you can do a bunch of photo editing like light levels and things right inside the app. I take tons of my blog photos with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the lovely comments about how I've interpreted the wreath :)

    Bean Bell - I'll be trying that App out, thank you for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in the class too and a fellow admirer of the xmas wreath way to go and happy blogging

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you simoneil - they were freebies with a craft magazine years ago, they've been sitting in my craft stash so its good to use them!

    ReplyDelete