Thursday 30 June 2011

Blackbirds & Tennis!

This morning at goodness knows what time I was very noisily awakened by a Blackbird fledgling! We are very priviledge to have a family nesting in the garden this year, but oh my goodness this little guy has a very big voice.

He's their 2nd fledgliing of the season, the first chick was a female but I didn't know the nest was even there until she was about ready to leave.

The little guy hides out in the nest most of the time and lets everyone know when he's hungry, he does venture out occasionally and is particularly cute because he hasn't grown his tail feathers yet! I'm hoping that they manage to raise another chick this year, but I think its a little late in the sason now.

This is the best photo I have of him so far - I'm attempting to catch him on the fence but he spots me before I get one! (He's just above centre, on the rocks)


So while I'm watching him I'm also getting my annual dose of tennis! It's the second week of Wimbledon, just the semi-finals and the finals left to go.

I really love watching tennis (I'm terrible at playing it - I can bearly get the ball over the net!), but because we don't subscribe to any sports channels the only tennis i really get to watch is Wimbledon. 

I'm still shocked that Federer is out in the quarters!!! I'll be naughty at work tomorrow and will be following the Semi's on live feed via the good old BBC, and will be settling down on Sunday for the finals - hopefully Andy Murray will be in it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment