Monday 1 August 2011

Shopping Spree!

Over the weekend and tonight, I've had a crafty shoppng spree.  I love buying supplies as much as I love crafting, there is nothng better than a massive crafty stash!

As part of my crafty purchases I had a couple of very late Christmas in July purchases. Every year I have tonnes of ideas for handmade items, but end up leaving it too late to actually make them. This year I'm on a handmade christmas mission.

For my Nanna I'm going to be making a lap quilt which will help to keep her toasty warm through the winter.
I bought a Moda Luna Notte Charm Pack for this, which I'm planning on making up into fairly simple blocks becasue of the busy patterns.
In the store I got this from they had some lovely soft fleecy material which has a kind of polka dot texture, I'm going to head back once I've made the topper as I want some of that to back it.



My next purchase was a bit sneaky! Its christmas in July but for me! This fabric is so adorable I 'needed' to get some. This is from Red Roosters Fabrics 'Winterberry Lane' Range, I really want the
I'm going to make a throw cushion with this, at the moment I'm planning to fussy cut some panels from the snowman fabric and embellish them with some embroidery then border this with the snowflake fabric.
That may well change once I start sewing!



This next one was brought a couple weeks ago when I was visiting my Mum. This a Makower fabric, but I'm not sure what range as the panel was pre cut. This is destined to be festive drinks coasters!



Next we have mini jam jars (they are around an inch and a half tall)! When I spotted these in Cost-co I put them in the shopping trolley then came up with a crafty planm to justify buying them. Tim didn't take much convincing that he needs to eat all the jam so that I can have the jars (he started this weekend by having some on Rich Tea biscuits, which didn't look very tasty really). I think that there are 24 jars in total and for only £2.99 I thought that was a bargain addition to my craft stash with free jam included ;-)
Some of these are destined to hold cupcake decorations as part of a baking kit for my friend and her children. I'm not sure about the others yet, but I think they'll make pretty packaging for anything small enought to fit.



This last one isn't crafty, but it's a christmas present for my Mum - a very pretty cake slice form Portmeirion pottery. They have a very sweet cake stand that goes with it so I will be buying that at some point ready for christmas.



New-to-me Craft Store

On Saturday,  my main partner-in-craft, Kathryn, suggested a trip to a craft store that she found out about which is about a 30 minute drive from her house. Not one to refuse a trip to a new crafty place, we headed over and found a treasure of a place, which is where I brought the Moda Charm pack and Winterberry Lane fabric from.

The store is called Heaths Country Store and has a big range of fabric and yarns - there was so much that I could of bought but I was restrained.

My Dad

Today would have been my Dads 62nd birthday, so I wanted to say a Happy Birthday to him x x

He passed away very suddenly 15 years ago, and I miss him loads.

My memories and other peoples memories of him always inspire me and I wish I was old enought to get to know him as a person as well as my Dad x x

No comments:

Post a Comment